We are seeking a senior level backend developer with working experience in Unity development to join our team.
GEMH Lab (Games for Emotional & Mental Health) is an interdisciplinary team of researchers and scientists, designers, engineers and artists that create engaging digital prototypes as a delivery system for mental and emotional well-being. We collaborate with research institutes who study these prototypes for efficacy and impact.
As the Sr. Backend Engineer you’ll develop and maintain secure and scalable backend solutions for our prototypes that will be first used in private research, then followed by commercial release pending research results. Most of your day will be dedicated to software design, API technology, research, coding and documentation. The development team (that you will be part of) is expected to provide user support for tools developed and design guidelines for other team members of varying disciplines.
This position requires a strong work ethic and the ability to initiate and regulate tasks independently, remote work is highly recommended. At the GEMH Lab we work with a variety of professionals and technologies to offer the best solutions, as a result we have used different programming languages, frameworks, databases and libraries and ask that you are flexible in switching between various technologies and still remain current with new innovations.
- Gameplay development – System design and gameplay coding in Unity3D and C#
- Development of REST APIs
- Coordination and maintenance of web servers, database servers and API servers
- Performance monitoring
- Living in the Netherlands, or somewhere else in the EU (non-EU residents need not apply)
- 4+ years of experience with backend and API development
- Solid knowledge of multiple techniques including but not limited to: PHP, MySQL, Java, Node.JS, GIT, Symfony2, Redis, etc.
- Professional experience with DevOps practices
- Experience with implementing code/data optimizations needed to improve both memory consumption and execution speed
- Proactive and comfortable taking ownership and responsibility
- Used to agile development processes and tools
- Proficient in spoken and written English
- A team player with passion for games and the betterment of humanity
- Knowledge of Graphics APIs DirectX, OpenGL is a plus
- WebGL deployment
- Strong game design sensibilities
Want to apply?
Deadline to apply is November 30th!
Just shoot an email to us at firstname.lastname@example.org, with your resume and cover letter.